In this episode!
- We love the opening with the mysterious young woman being chased by what looks like monks. That girl is awesome!
- We also love seeing Buffy and Xander braiding Willow’s hair while Willow “interprets” Bollywood for them. Xander’s side is much better than Buffy’s.
- Katherine asks Mark whether he thinks people have a purpose or not. We wonder, what do our listeners think? Is Giles right that Buffy should be grateful because she has a purpose? Do any of our listeners feel that they have a purpose? Do any of our listeners have a job for Katherine? Thanks in advance.
- Mark says, this is clearly an episode about rape culture.
- Katherine says, this is clearly an episode about class.
- Katherine thinks that one of the Buffy themes has to be, “Don’t judge a book by its cover” and beware of “nice” guys.
- Mark says, why can’t we all just live and let live in terms of religious freedom?
- Katherine hates privilege and entitlement which is why she loves this episode which is clearly a precursor to a socialist revolution.
David Nom De Plume
- The woman who nearly escapes at the beginning of the episode is Jordana Spiro, as Callie. I don’t know why she hasn’t made a greater stamp in television. I loved her character.
- One of the frat boys, one of the evil evil ones, was Coby Bell who later would be a main character on one of Katherine’s favorite shows, Burn Notice.
The Purpose Driven Life, by Rick Warren
Flow, by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi (TED talk)