In this episode!
- Mark loves Cordelia’s Bernie Sanders response to NAFTA! Feel the Bern!
- We don’t know if the Anointed One is human or not. Can anyone help us out? (Katherine thinks he’s probably a vampire?)
- Mark struggles with the rules of invitation.
- Katherine and Mark debate over the significance of Buffy exposing her neck to Angel, and Mark reveals he is probably not a vampire, even though he (Mark) did die once.
- Mark believes Angel has a death wish. Does Buffy?
- Mark loves the connection to Hawthorne’s Scarlet Letter, and Katherine loves that in Buffy it is mainly men who get punished. (Angel as Hester Prynne! Sort of.)
- Katherine explains the significance of “sires.”
- Mark loves the idea of Angel as addict who hasn’t been using for over 100 years.
- Katherine winks at Buffy fans when Mark asks, do vampires have human farms?
- Mark thinks Buffy isn’t turned on to Xander because of his jokester status–do you agree? And, what role is Xander playing? Willow?
- North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
- The Fourth Amendment
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- Salem’s Lot by Stephen King
- The Art of Slaying podcast