In this episode!
- Katherine and Mark dissect the misogynistic horror tropes of the 1970s and 80s
- Mark wonders: Is another name for Sunnydale Cabot Cove?
- Whedon, Katherine says, wants us to know that we can’t count on things working out. She thinks he’s really mean to Buffy.
- Mark also has a highly questionable idea of what constitutes “romantic.”
- Katherine and Mark argue about Buffy’s homework
- Mark wonders what is Buffy’s superpower? Who can she kill? And if she can kill all the monsters, why is she called, Buffy, the Vampire Slayer?
- Who’s the hero in Buffy, really?
- And Angel is clearly… an angel. Right?
Query: Anyone out there an expert on camp? On cheesiness? Are you also a Buffy fan? Want to come on the podcast and examine Buffy from the angle of camp and cheesiness? If so, post on our blog, and we’ll contact you!
Resources: Katherine mentioned a great book she read recently. It’s called Seven Seasons of Buffy: Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers Discuss Their Favorite Television Show, edited by Glenn Yeffeth.