In this episode:
- Mark and Katherine talk about mothers and daughters and matricide
- Shout out to Sheila Strong, though we think she is wrong about Buffy
- Mark and Katherine agree that Buffy is a teen drama, but so much more. It is simple, but not simplistic
- We ask each other: “Would you be 16 again?”
- Is cheer leading a cult? We don’t come to a conclusion on this
- Mark does fashion commentary
- Katherine reveals to a stunned crowd that she is a Socialist (OK, everyone knew that already) and she and Mark talk about class issues in Sunnydale
- We realize this episode is all about body image and control–who’s in charge?
Resources: If you love witches, we suggest you check out the wonderful movie, Bell, Book and Candle (though Katherine’s not crazy about the ending). Also, if you can find it, watch the pilot episode of Bewitched “I, Darrin, Take This Witch, Samantha” where Darrin gets lectured by a feminist Endora. You will love Endora and be stunned at the sense her argument makes in 1964!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
2 wonderful comments
leave a comment, follow the feed, or trackback