In this episode!
- We think the writers have an awesome ear for teen romance angst, and do a great job showing the awkwardness of it.
- We love Willow’s dorkiness.
- Mark reveals something shocking, and it has to do with The Brady Bunch. Mark says, run out and watch the Tiki episode.
- Katherine wonders if there needs to be a Brady Bunch podcast (OK, that’s a joke).
- Katherine likes the complexity of Xander—that he has a crush on Buffy, and at the same time thinks of her as his best friend, and at the same time, is her right hand man. What is wrong with that? So many other Buffy fans hate this about Xander.
- The world isn’t black and white; we love that Buffy sees the gray.
- Mark loves the guy who wonders about the girl in the Eskimo outfit.
- Is Joyce being mean to Buffy in terms of the “not fitting in” comment? We think so.
- What do you make of Buffy not seizing the leadership role? Katherine thinks she is the emotionally torn teenage girl, whereas Mark thinks Buffy should be pushing herself forward. Where do you stand?
- We meet Jonathan (Danny Strong). Katherine says it is a great way to meet him.
Shout out to Warren Shaver!